Library Technology Services
Hours (During academic year)
Monday – Thursday: 8am – 8pm
Friday: 8am – 6pm
Saturday – Sunday: 12pm – 5pm
Phone: (909) 448 – 4089
Text: (909) 638-1882
In person: Wilson Library
More about the Help Desk
The Library Technology Services provides support on academic technology related questions. The following is a list of software and equipment we support.
- Blackboard (Course Management System)
- Digication (ePortfolio platform)
- Qualtrics (Enterprise Survey platform)
- iMovie (video editing software)
- GarageBand (audio editing software)
- Photoshop (graphic editing software)
- MS Office: Word | Excel | Powerpoint | Project | Access
- 3D printer
- Poster printer
- 3D doodler
- Presentation package
Blackboard Help Resources
See if your question has already been answered on the Blackboard FAQ.
Blackboard Online Workshops
View the recorded Blackboard Workshops (Spring 2014).
Instructions to Change Your La Verne Portal Student Password:
What if I forgot the answers to my security questions?
- Please follow the same steps above
- Once you reach the page with your security questions there will be a link “Forgot Answers to my Security questions”-input link to forgot security questions
- Please click the link and enter your Banner ID, Last Name, and Role (Student)
- Once you have entered this information you will receive a success message and an email sent to your personal email in our school’s system. You will receive your log in username and temporary password in the email
- Log into the La Verne Portal https://myportal.laverne.edu, enter your username and temporary one time use password
- You will then be prompted to reset your security questions and answers click OK to save
- The next step will be to reset your password. Make sure you follow the password guidelines in order to correctly set your password click OK
- You will now be able to gain access to the La Verne Portal
Password Reset: I know my current password and want to change it
- Log into your LaVerne Portal account
- When you reach the Home page go to the Menu located on the top right Navigation Bar
- Click “My Account”
- On the left side Menu Bar click “Reset Password”
- This will reset your La Verne Portal and Email password
How do I view/update my Personal Email account?
- Click on “MyLaVerne” at the top right of the University of La Verne home page at http://www.laverne.edu/
- Click on the “MyLaVerne directly” link
- User ID = your Student ID Number
- PIN = if this is your first time logging in your PIN is your birthdate in MMDDYY, format.
NOTE: if you have logged in before and do not remember your PIN, you may reset it by providing the correct answer to your security question, otherwise contact your Academic Advisor for assistance.
- Once you have entered the secure area, click the link “Email Information” and click the link “View your E-mail address(es)” where you can view the Person Email we have on file.
- To update your Personal Email click the link “Email Information” and click the link “Update your E-mail address(es)”.
- Next select “Personal Email Address” in the drop down menu and click “Submit”
- Enter your Personal E-mail address and click “Submit”
- Your Personal E-mail should now be updated in the school’s system.